Friday, May 18, 2012

Fashionably, My Funniest Cruise Memory

    If you read my story, Nine Days Onboard The “Big E”, you got the picture that my brother and I had a blast.  Well, you haven’t learned about everything.  There were some things we didn’t do onboard the Adventure of The Seas in July 2007 which I managed to do onboard the Explorer of The Seas in June 2010.  I’d hate to say it, but the belly flop competition is an understatement.  The funniest thing ever happened on our cruise, onboard the Explorer of The Seas.  If you enjoyed my story about my nine-day cruise, you are going to get an absolute kick out of this one.  Keep on reading!

    Day 2, we were at sea en route to Bermuda.  I was battling a God awful bug.  First, I had a cough and stuffy throat.  Later, I wound up with a brief cold and a headache.  In the afternoon, I went to the Weekend Warrior sports bar on the Royal Promenade.  I ordered a B-52 to knock out the headache.  A B-52 cures anything!  I was fine after that.  Sorry, but that’s not the funniest part.  Patience, folks!  I later went back to my cabin and began reading through the Cruise Compass for ice skating times down below at Studio B (the ice rink).  I found the afternoon ice skating time.  Right next to the time, it said “long pants and socks required”.  I started combing through the remaining clothes in my suitcase.  I couldn’t believe it.  I never packed any sweat pants or any long pants for ice skating.  I packed my khakis for the casual nights and dressed pants for the formal nights.  No way on earth was I going to wear either one of these pairs of pants on the ice.  I went to the Logo Souvenir shop on the Royal Promenade.  In the back of the shop, on one of the racks, were these blue sweat pants.  They had draw strings with an anchor graphic printed on the left leg.  I thought, “Hey, these look awesome!”.  They were the right size.  I draped them against my body in the mirror, and gave them a look.  I decided to buy them.  I paid for them with my Sea Pass card and headed back to my cabin.  That’s the end of part one.

    Part two: I tried on the pants in my cabin and they fit perfectly.  They weren’t tight at all.  Never did they fit oh so comfortably.  I went downstairs to Studio B and I went to get a pair of ice skates.  I have never ice skated in my life.  Never have I ice skated on board a cruise ship.  I held on to the railing the whole forty-five minutes I was on the ice.  I slipped and fell only three times.  Hey, not too shabby!  Not bad for my very first time.  I ice skated for my very first time with no major bumps or bruises.  I so wanted to ice skate again.  To improve a bit, I signed up for a lesson with a member of the international ice cast.  It definitely was a good day for me, despite feeling ill for a few hours.  After ice skating, I went back to my cabin and changed into my swim suit.  My brother saw the sweat pants I bought.  He asked me, “Did you pack those?”.  I told them that I had bought them.  I left the cabin and went upstairs to soak up in the Solarium Jacuzzi.  A refreshing ending to the day, indeed!

    Ok, here’s the big moment you’ve been waiting for.  A short while after dinner, my brother and I went back to the Logo Souvenir shop on the Royal Promenade.  I had changed my clothes and put my blue sweat pants on.  My brother had Crown & Anchor coupons he wanted to use for some items he saw earlier in the day.  While we were browsing through the shop and thumbing through the t-shirts, my brother curiously asked me a question.  He said, “David, educate me.  Where did you get those blue sweat pants?”  I answered, “Over there on that back rack!”.  He looked and quickly turned towards me.  With a slight chuckle, he said, “DUDE, YOU’RE WEARING WOMEN’S PANTS!”.  I just plainly retorted saying, “Well, I had to wear something on the ice!”.  Ain’t cruising fun!
              

No comments:

Post a Comment